Top 5 Interesting Facts About Miley Cyrus
On screen with Hannah Montana 1 minute, global singing superstar the next. So what are 5 things you may not know about Miley Cyrus.
- Her real name is Destiny Hope Cyrus. Her father, country singer Billy Ray, picked the name because he thought it was his daughter's destiny to bring hope to the world. The star legally changed her name in 2008 to Miley, a childhood nickname which was originally “Smiley.”
- Miley grew up on a ranch in Tennessee and started riding horses at the age of just two.
- Miley was born left-handed, but her father Billy Ray taught her to use her right hand. As a result, she's joked that if people can't read her autographs that she signs with her right hand, they should complain to her father.
- Her single "Party in the U.S.A." was written to promote her clothing line with Max Azria.
- She met Liam Hemsworth (Finance) while filming the romance drama The Last Songin 2009.