Combining Children And Policy
The Northern Territory Government has released its 10 year Child and Adolescent Health and Wellbeing Strategic Plan.
It'll provide the framework to improve the lives of children and young Territorians 0-24 years of age.
It incorporates a number of areas including housing, education, youth justice, child protection, police and domestic and family and sexual violence.
Priority action areas of the 10-year plan include:
· Children and young people are provided the best opportunities in life
· There are healthy, safe and sustainable communities and places
· Health and wellbeing are improving
· Health equity for Aboriginal children and young people is increasing
· Children and young people receive high quality support when and where they need it
The Plan is available online at https://health.nt.gov.au/professionals/child-and-youth-health-health-professionals or alternatively information can be found by emailing [email protected]
Image: Tracey Nearmy/AAP